Below I have listed some resources in our community. Below that some software that I find useful:
- Cabling for computer networks. Please contact Lane at Mendocino Networks: 707-462-5581.
- Wireless connection to the internet:
- Ukiah Wireless: 707-462-5581
- Ringnebula Systems: 707-489-7037
- SeaKay Broadband: 707-376-1234
- Antivirus tools:
- Bitdefender. The free version is for non-commercial use only.
- Malwarebytes free edition.
- AdwCleaner. A free adware cleanup tool. Please be careful with this tool. It can in some cases remove legitimate software that is not installed in the “correct” place.
- Crap removal tools:
- Crap cleaner Please make sure you click on the link to the right of the name
- PC-Decrapifier Make sure you want to remove the programs listed.
- Office tools:
- Libre office. An office package that can be used to work on Word and Excel documents. I normally install the help package too.
- ProjectLibre. A Microsoft Project clone that will open up project files and help you with planning.